Mission Accomplished!

What a fantastic Saturday! A coffee, an ice walk (basically a hike on ice) with one of my besties - Stacy, some good eating in Canmore at Mountain Mercato, great conversation, good music, tidying, a nap and FINALLY supper! OK, Kyla - so what's with the title? Remember in my last post where I stayed up too late researching kitchen tools, yes.... I did it! I bought myself a food processor last night. I am proud that I exercised enough self control to leave it until today. 

The creations today are inspired by one of the blogs I've been following lately. I enjoy her humor, and I enjoy her food. Yes, it is Paleo - I am not paleo but I do like to try things out once in a while! Today, or more specifically I prepped my slow cooker to adapt her Crockpot Pork Green Chilie recipe. 

Mexican Pulled Pork, adapted from this:
2 pound (approximately) pork roast
1 yellow onion, chopped
2 -3 garlic cloves
2-3 chipotle peppers in adobe sauce, chopped (*couldn't find green chilies)
2 -3 jalapeno peppers (I used 2 green jalapenos and 1 yellow banana pepper), seeds removed & chopped
2 cups vegetable broth (or whatever you like)
1 can diced tomatoes (I used a big can but you're probably ok to use a smaller one)
1 tsp oregano
1 tsp salt
1 tsp pepper
1/2 tsp sage
1/2 tsp paprika
1/2 tsp cayenne pepper

I greased my slow cooker a bit. Place your roast in your slow cooker. Add the onions, garlic, jalapenos, chipotle peppers, spices, broth and diced tomatoes. Set on high for 6 - 8 hours. Mine was on for 8 hours and it was amazingly tender! When you figure it's done, get a fork and knife and pull it apart in the slow cooker. This does have some bite, so if you don't like spice - scale back. I like spice, so this is to my taste.

To accompany it, I made cauliflower "rice". I wanted to make something that I would need my food processor for. :) See the instructions below:
Chop a head of cauliflower up into florets. Throw those in the food processor until they look like rice granules. Don't process too long or else it will be mush. Press a couple cloves or garlic into if you like. Throw it into the microwave for 7 - 8 minutes. Sprinkle with salt and pepper. Eat! So easy.

Mexican Pulled Pork & Cauliflower "Rice"

ENJOY!!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

April Foodie Penpal

Weekend Update!

Black Bean Brownies.... At Last!