Sunday, April 1, 2012

Day #1/#21

I debated announcing that I was going to make a solid effort at the 21 Day Detox. The diet is relatively simple minus the no refined sugar thing and pretty much no fruit (except a green apple or unripe banana). I debated saying anything because of my fear of failure but I also realize that perhaps by telling people I am doing it - it will make me more accountable. Yes, I did the Wild Rose Cleanse back in February, and felt great about 10 days into it. After I was finished it - I proceeded to stress eat and pretty much treat my body like a trash can. My obsession/preoccupation of the times have been bridge mixture and chocolate covered almonds. It's been really bad. So, enough is enough. I need to take control of my life and eating again. 


So, today... This is how it went. I had to run for my half marathon. I ran 12.5km. I was supposed to run 14km and then started playing with my watch and screwed things up for myself! Anyway, the run was a challenge today, but easier once I passed the 40 minute mark. I tried out a new route and it was actually really great so I'll do it again! :)


Meals:
PreRun Breakfast 
2 eggs, fried in coconut oil and sprinkled with chili peppers, salt and pepper
2 pieces of turkey salami
4 -5 baby tomatos
1/4 advocado
1 cup coffee with almond/cashew cream





Post Run
Sweet potato smoothie
1/2 cup sweet potato
1 cup coconut milk
ice cubes
nutmeg and cinnamon
Blend together. Drink.
*This would be better as a Yam or Pumpkin
1 oz spiced nuts

Lunch
Jambalaya


Snack
White pear herbal tea
Raw veggies (snap peas, yellow, orange & red peppers, celery, carrots)


Cheat (bad me on Day #1)
Starbucks coffee blended with soy (no soy allowed)


Dinner
Jambalaya
Sauteed zuchinni with onion and garlic


Snack
Applesauce
Herbal tea


2.5 litres of water


Feeling good!!

No comments:

Post a Comment