Blog B*tch Blog!

Yup, here I am...blogging along! I'm proud of this solid effort I have put forth thus far. I hope it keeps! So long as I have a foodie penpal to talk about, I will! :)


Not a very long work week, and I have no complaints about it!! I took 5 days off and probably could have had another 5 days and felt quite ok about it! 


I made these cookies last week. One cookie actually = 2 cookies. My friend, Erin is a Brownie leader. When we met for brunch she was selling their classic cookies and I wondered how I might make them more "good" for you. I was inspired by the numerous Oreo stuffed chocolate chip cookies I had seen on various sites and probably on Pintrest.


I made these last weekend and took them to the family farm. They were gone in a day. Here goes!


Stuffed Double Chocolate Cookies
I cup margarine or butter, room temperature
2 eggs
1 tsp vanilla
3/4 cup brown sugar
3/4 cup white sugar
1 tsp baking soda
1/2 tsp salt
1 3/4 cup flour
1/2 cup cocoa
1 cup chocolate chips
vanilla girl guide cookies are best


Cream together your butter, sugars and eggs. Add the vanilla. In a seperate bowl, mix your flour, cocoa, baking soda. Add the dry ingredients to the butter and sugars. Stir in the chocolate chips.


Now, the tricky part. Roll a ball of cookie dough. Place a girl guide cookie on top of it and flatten it. Roll another ball of cookie dough and put it on the top of the girl guide cookie. Then make the double chocolate dough connect so you can't see the girl guide cookie anymore. Try not to use too much dough. Less the better, but it takes a few times. Bake them for 9 - 13 minutes at 350F. 


When they are done, put your eating pants on (aka spandex/stretch pants) and enjoy one or a couple! Then smile and wipe the crumbs off your shirt. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

April Foodie Penpal

Weekend Update!

Feelin' Festive