A Party In My Mouth

One more to share from this week before I tuck myself in! I am trying to successfully complete the Wild Rose Cleanse this week. It's a no sugar, wheat, dairy & alcohol diet. The first few days were tough but starting to feel great now! Here's a Wild Rose friendly dish! It can be found on http://www.eatcleandiet.com/the_kitchen_table/recipe/recipe.aspx?id=1912.


Moroccan Quinoa Stew adpated slightly from the above link


1 tbsp olive oil
1 medium onion, diced
4 cloves garlic, minced (I used the pre minced jar stuff, easier!)
1/2 tsp ground corriander
1/2 tsp caraway seeds (I didn't have, so didn't use any - still delish)
1 tsp cumin
1/4 tsp salt
1 L (4 cups) chicken stock, reduced sodium preferred
1 cup diced tomatoes, juice & all (I used an entire can)
2 tbsp chili paste (think the bottle with the rooster on it)
2 tbsp tomato paste (I omitted)
1 large cauliflower, florets only
1 cup quinoa
1 cup peas, frozen
2 cups chickpeas (I used one can)
Zest & juice from 1/2 a lemon (I used plain old lemon juice because I didn't have a fresh lemon)
1 cup cilantro for garnish




Moroccan Chickpea Stew aka Party In Your Mouth
Heat oil & add diced onion. Cook until the onion becomes translucent. Add garlic, spices & salt. Add stock, tomatoes, chili paste (and tomato paste). Bring to a boil & reduce heat to allow it to simmer. Add cauliflower, and quinoa. Cook partially covered for 15 minutes. Add water if you feel the liquid is low (the quinoa sort of sucks it up). Add chickpeas, baby peas & lemon zest. Simmer for 5 more minutes. Adjust seasonings to your taste. Garnish with cilantro. Serve. Party in your mouth!!!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

April Foodie Penpal

Weekend Update!

Black Bean Brownies.... At Last!