2 for 1!

This week hasn't been too much for large kitchen experiments but I'll leave you with a few for this weekend. 


For some reason, I have become obsessed with popcorn. I don't have an air popper so I have to make it on the stove. Here is how I did it:


Stove Top Popcorn:
Put a large pot on your stove top, add 2 - 3 tbsp of canola oil, make sure your oil is heated by putting a kernel in it and seeing if it pops. If it does, add 1/3 cup of kernels. I bought the cheap crappy Co-Op brand ones. If you're not cheap like me, you'll probably get better results. I am cheap because I buy food ALL the time. It's a problem - I go to different stores all over the city so people don't recognize me (kidding but I should). Once you've added your kernels, cover the pot and listen to the fun popping sounds! Once the popping slows down, remove from the heat. Also, shake the pot back and forth so it doesn't burn. Once you remove it from the heat, you can make whatever flavor combo you want. One night (yes, I ate this more than one night), I added dried cranberries and some cayenne (gross to you, delicious to me) and the second night, I added some cayenne and curry. The curry night was better (no surprise). Enjoy!!


Spicy and Sweet Combo!


Tonight, I made some lettuce wraps. When I am feeding just me. I am a bit of a slacker. They could have used some more flavor, so perhaps see this as more of a guideline than anything!

Lettuce Wraps:
Butter Lettuce
2 chicken breast, cubed
Red Pepper, cut in strips (there's a fancy name that escapes me)
Green Onion
Garlic
Mushrooms
Lime
Salt
Pepper
Coconut oil (or any other for cooking)
Sesame seeds (optional)
Chili Paste (the bottle with the rooster on it)

Heat a pan, put in your coconut oil. Add your chicken. Once your chicken is mostly cooked, add the garlic and green onion. Continue cooking. Add your red pepper and mushrooms, salt, pepper and any other spices you want, as well as the chili paste. Once done cooking, squeeze lime juice over your delicious mixture. Have a few pieces of lettuce ready for you on a plate and spoon the chicken mixture onto the lettuce wraps, sprinkle with sesame seeds. Eat and smile because you also have enough for lunch tomorrow!
Lazy Lettuce Wraps
Happy Weekend! 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

April Foodie Penpal

Weekend Update!

Black Bean Brownies.... At Last!