I want one! (Food Blog that is!)

For months I've been pouring over food blogs - it's become a borderline obsession of mine. If I find myself surfing the 'net, I will check Facebook, my gmail account, my work email account and between those food blog sites. I have a few "old reliables" if you will, but as I continue to harbor this need for blog sites, I've found that there are more and more and more people just like me (or arguably, I am just like them) that also LOVE food, cooking, baking, their kitchens, their cookbooks, sharing food and also, love food blogs. I've attempted this blog thing once before and ran out of material, but I've decided that rather sit back and envy those who have their very own grown up blog sites - I will try to attempt one myself. God knows I am cooking and baking in the kitchen enough that I do need one. Now, if only I could find a way to make this my day job. 


In honor of Valentine's Day, I kicked off my weekend by making my old "go to" Sugar Cookie recipe. Michelle Robertson, I dedicate my very first KitchenOfKy entry to you and your love of my sugar cookie recipe. I started using this recipe about 4 years ago and it has never failed me. Mind you, sometimes I fail it by forgetting my cookies in the oven and baking them a touch too long. I found this recipe somewhere on www.allrecipes.com though I couldn't redirect you to the exact recipe among the hundreds there. The trick with these bad boys are: don't cook them too long and keep the dough rolled just a little thicker than usual! This way, they retain their soft goodness that a sugar cookie should, in my opinion have! 


Enjoy the recipe below! To Michelle! Cheers!


Sugar Cookies: found somewhere on www.allrecipes.com


1 cup margarine, softened (room temp is best)
1 1/2 cups white granulated sugar
3 eggs
1 tsp vanilla
3 1/2 cups all purpose flour
2 tsp cream of tartar
1 tsp baking soda
1/2 tsp salt


Cream margarine & sugar together, add the eggs & vanilla. Add in the flour, cream of tartar, baking soda & salt. Make the dough into a ball & refrigerate for approximately one hour. Take the dough out of the fridge & allow to soften if needed. Sprinkle flour on your counter top. Roll your dough out to a 1/4 - 1/2 inch thick. Use your favorite cookie cutters. Transfer shapes to a non-stick cookie sheet.


Bake for 6 - 8 minutes at 375F. Let cool. Decorate how you like. Enjoy!!!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

April Foodie Penpal

Weekend Update!

Black Bean Brownies.... At Last!