These Are A Few Of My Favorite Things!

Hello Again Everyone! Today is Friday. And today is over a week since I've written for this! Shame, shame, shame.... But at least it's still coming along! I'm afraid to report that baking hasn't been a first priority lately. I've been doing a lot of cooking but it's been boring old repeats. I made that delicious Pumpkin Chili again and then I fed Stacy with it after spin class on Wednesday. I added extra pumpkin and honestly, I think it was better the second time I made it. The other thing I made over the weekend that is not picture worthy but delicious was a Cilantro-Lime-Coconut Shredded Chicken in the slow cooker. There was no real recipe but I imagine if there was, it was something like this:
3-4 chicken breasts
1 bunch of cilantro

sliced peppers, I used red and yellow
sliced yellow onion

garlic
1 can of coconut milk
1/4 cup (ish) lime juice
salt
pepper

cumin
Put it all in a slow cooker and cook it real slow! Once it's done, get in there and shred up the chicken. Eat it! YAY.

Ok so now that, that's out of the way - it's time to share a few of my favorite things. I'll relate them all to food and cooking. 

Favorite Blogs (in no particular order):
PaleOMG - I've made so many things off this blog I should be paying her for her ideas. Most everything has turned out perfectly and has been so delicious! She's really a food genius.

Dinner With Julie - I really like looking at her recipes and pictures, plus she's local so that's a bonus. I haven't made a ton off here, but again - what I have made was SO good! re: Chocolate Peanut Butter Cake complete with chocolate ganache and cream cheese peanut butter icing. FLIP that was good!
Health-Bent - they've got a lot of creative recipes! It's awesome. They were the ones who created the Pumpkin Chili with Avocado Cream. SO. GOOD.
Epicurious - They basically take every delicious recipe in every magazine ever created and put it on a website. I've taken a lot of ideas off here and I don't seem to be the only one! YUMMY!
SmittenKitchen - Just go here. She has lots of really good recipes and her pictures are pretty! I made some really delicious things off here - all baked goods of course!

Favorite Ingredients:
Cinnamon 
Cumin
Spinach - I swear I put it in everything I can
Coconut Oil
Garlic
Vanilla
Onion

Favorite Kitchen Items:
Garlic press
Good knife
Cookie sheet
Whisk

Silicone Mini Loaf Pans
Frying Pan


Favorite Things to Eat Right Now (this will change):
Eggs - pretty much everyday
Chocolate Covered Almonds - duh

Coffee - but that's not really eating but it's sort of a food
Spinach - yeah, I actually like it and as mentioned above, it's in everything I make

Pumpkin - pancakes, chili, smoothies, soup, etc.
Peppermint Tea 
Coconut Milk
Mini Loafs - turkey, pork, beef, who cares! It's mini and it's cute.

Ok folks, that was pretty boring but at least I wrote something! There are going to be some events worth documenting coming up here shortly - Cookie Exchange with the girls! In lieu of brunch - we all bring cookies or some sort of Christmas Treat and a container and fill your container with different treats than you made yourself! I can't wait! YAY!

http://poppedculture.soup.io/tag/cats

Side Note: Faye sent me this picture at work one day. I printed it and put it on my bulletin board. Isn't it awesome!? 
Happy Weekend Everyone! xo

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

April Foodie Penpal

Weekend Update!

Black Bean Brownies.... At Last!