Rockin' The Apron(s)!

It's no secret that I like the time in my kitchen. My friends are total dears and help promote this by buying me cute aprons to wear while doing my time! They are all incredibly awesome and quite stylish I must say!

Friday night I found myself wearing my apron, sweeping my floor and prepping a meal for Sri to come over and eat. I felt pretty damn good about the whole thing! She brought over a couple things she made to share - Curried Turkey Mini Burgers and some Veggie Muffin things for appies. I made a Brussel Sprout, Apple and Bacon sautee which turned out well, some pork chops and a Carrot "Pudding" inspired once again by my girl crush. Both Sri and I are in the midst of a detox thing so everything had to be dairy-free, sugar-free, grain-free and legume-free. All of it was and all of it was delish!

I got into some other super (in my opinion) fantastico creations! I made some Yogurt Berry Muffins on Saturday which I didn't try but the reviews came back approved. On Sunday, I had the beautiful Stacy (soon to be Dr.Radics) over for a Pork Breakfast Hash inspired by PaleOMG once again. That girl is a friggin' genius!! I was once again wearing an apron while whipping Stacy and I up our breakfast. Stace brought over Almond Lattes from Cafe Beano. They are my guilty pleasure at this moment! That, and Americanos. Lame, I know... but they seem like a treat when doing a Whole30 challenge!

BEFORE
Brussel Sprout, Apple, Bacon Saute inspired by Martha (sorry, no measuring)
Olive oil for the pan
Brussel Sprouts, cut up
Apple, diced

Bacon, cooked then diced
Onion, diced
Balsamic Vinegar (approx 1 tbsp)
Salt and pepper

Cook up your bacon. I cooked mine in the oven because I was multi-tasking. Cut up all your vegetables and your apple. Heat up your pan, put in the oil (make sure it's not too hot or the oil will burn - yuck). Then throw in your onion and cook till translucent. Then add your brussel sprouts, apple and bacon. The apple doesn't take too long so wait on it or else it might become mush. Stir it around, make sure the brussel sprouts are soft. Then eat it! YAY.


AFTER
Now, for Sunday...

Pork Breakfast Hash inspired by PaleOMG (all measurements are approximate!)
Approx 1/2 pound ground pork
1 sweet potato, chopped

1/2 onion, diced
garlic, minced
1 can diced tomatoes
6 eggs

Chili Powder
Cumin
Chili Peppers

Salt and Pepper

Heat up a pan and add a little bit of oil for cooking. I had some bacon fat, so I used that. Cook your pork through. Add your onions and garlic, and cook until the onions are translucent. Then, add the sweet potato and cook some more until it's on the softer side. Then, add your canned tomatoes and all of your spices. You'll have to experiment a bit and test it to your taste. I followed the original recipe amounts and found it wasn't enough for me, so just added a bit here and there. Once your potatoes are soft and you've spiced it to your liking, put your mixture into a greased baking dish. Then, make little dips to put in your eggs. Break the eggs into each special spot you made for them. Put it in the oven and bake it until the eggs are done. BUT, don't do what I did and bake it too long and make your eggs gummy! My guest was so nice that she didn't complain. It was pretty damn good! This made about 4 pretty decent sized breakfasts! :) ENJOY!
Who doesn't love Sunday brunch!?
Sorry this post was so boring. I'll do better next time! It's almost foodie penpal time! :)



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

April Foodie Penpal

Weekend Update!

Black Bean Brownies.... At Last!