And the worst blogger award goes to.....

Geezus! If I don't keep this up, no one is going to ever look at my blog. It's been a busy month, and I've been preoccupied with all of the birthday love, and big job changes that have happened in the last several weeks. I would, first of all like to say, "WOW. WOW. WOW." Talk about birthday love overload. My birthday started before my birthday and the love continued until well after... I was spoiled rotten. So much love in the form of food, in the form of notes, gifts, hugs, etc. It was insane. THANK YOU EVERYONE! 


Birthday Weekend Duathlon! YAY EVERYTHING FRIEND! xo
Sadly, today, I am home sick. I have been fighting it since Friday. I took cold meds, slept, stayed home and here it is...Monday! And sick. Cold, hot, cold, hot, and the chills, I had a 3 hour nap and the old Lipton Chicken Noodle soup remedy and for about an hour felt good enough that I might head to Crossfit but I'm afraid - No. Such. Luck. The smart part of me is going to stay home and try to shake this off. It's not overly surprising that I am sick! There's been a lot going on. I haven't slowed down for much. Job changes are always overwhelming and stressful! The new job is good, but I've definitely been overwhelmed! I got exactly what I wanted - a lot of opportunity to learn and there is a lot of opportunity to create here! I can't wait. I am going to be working with a lady that I'm very excited to learn a lot from! She's really smart and has some really great experience. I've also ran a couple races this month! I did my very first duathlon - hard work but so fun! Trail run 7km, bike 18km and Trail run 3km - I finished it in under 2 hours. I found the biking the hardest part because I wasn't familiar with road biking and got my gears stuck on the hard part going up hill! Then, Jackie and I also ran Melissa's Road Race. We did the 10KM portion of it. It was definitely a chore for me! I was not a happy runner but happy with my time since I haven't ran 10KM since June. We had to run up Tunnel Mountain - if you're familiar with Banff, it's a long hill.... I think my days of road racing are coming to an end. The trail races are much more fun for me!
Banff in September, BEAUTY!

The kitchen has been active! Don't worry there! I unfortunately haven't done a lot of picture taking with my creations, but I have been creating away! Yesterday, the lovely Michelle and I spent 5 hours getting her freezer full of meals for when her little baby boy arrives! We made Chili complete with bacon and chipolte, Shrimp curry and rice, Cheddar/Bacon Meatloaves, Lasagna and Banana Chocolate Chip Muffins. I think she's pretty ready for him to come along! 4 more weeks!

I promise I'll start taking pictures again and getting back to sharing with all of you lovelies! My cousin and I have told my Aunt we are going to be taking on the task of Thanksgiving dinner this coming weekend! I've picked out a recipe for pumpkin squares and plan on somehow incorporating nutella into it. They will be delicious, I am confident. I've also signed up for the Foodie Penpal program again to motivate me back to this blogging bit! Don't give up on me yet!! I'll get to writing more again, PROMISE!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

April Foodie Penpal

Weekend Update!

Feelin' Festive