READ IT!

Wow Kyla, that title sure is bossy.... Yeah, you're right! It is. I emailed my friends a couple days ago and asked them politely to read my blog so that I could feel cool. Faye (you're in my best blog reader/friend books) has been reading it. She's awesome and now she knows it.


So this weekend - pretty good stuff happening! Friday I wrote on here that I went for coffee with my work grandma, man...that lady is SO cool. Seriously, big beautiful smile, active - I mean she hikes, cross country skis, belongs to a square dancing club, is going to China this year, does yoga and swims....just to name a few! Plus, she's just got this positive energy that just radiates off of her - she's wonderful. I might cry as I write this. She shared her Peru pictures with me and it was a damn good thing because it super pumped me up to go again. I was feeling a little lack lustre on the subject, but nope - back to excited!!!! :)


Saturday - I sat in class allllllll day. It sounds like it might suck but it didn't! I am taking a Diversity Management Course as a part of the HR Certificate I'm pursuing and it was reallllly good! The instructor was good, the material was good and there was lots of good discussion (aka Kyla wouldn't shut up - I'm sure that people in my class wanted to tell me to shut my yap). We watched Crash - super intense! I cried more than once. Such a good movie though and it really forces you to think. Watch it if you haven't. Then, after class, met up with my BFF Andi, we played with hula hoops - it was fun! And, I even got a couple good tries in! Kendra met up with us and then we headed up to the old regular hangout - The Ship and Anchor. We drank enough beverages that my head hurt today. I had a good time. Those girls are cool. FACK, I have awesome friends - for serious. Before we went out, Andi did a reiki reading on me. That stuff is extremely interesting.... and pretty intense. Saturday was intense! 


Sunday - OK, this is where we talk about food! GIRLS BRUNCH!!! WHOOP! Michelle, Jessie, Faye, Rebekah, Crystal, Trish, Kendra and I sat around and ate some food, bought some jewelry and I threw out a few dance moves for them too. I've decided that this will be a quarterly event. These girls brought some good shit. Pictures to follow.


The brunch gave me a good excuse to finally make Sweet Potato Brownies that I saw on PaleOMG. I think I have a girl crush on this girl. I love her recipes. LOVE THEM. You've probably noticed me copying them a lot. I wanted to make this because I love her site, and because I have a couple friends who are celiac, and dairy free. I don't eat a lot of gluten anymore either so I like to find things that are delicious without gluten.

Sweet Potato Brownies

Sweet Potato Brownies

1 medium sweet potato/yam, baked and skin peeled
3 eggs, whisked
1/4 cup coconut oil, melted
1/3 cup agave nectar (use honey instead if you have it)
1/2 cup chocolate chips (optional)
3 tablespoons coconut flour
2 tablespoons cocoa
1/4 teaspoon baking powder (hahaha... just realized that I used baking soda)
1/4 teaspoon cinnamon 
pinch of salt


Bake your potato, peel it and then mash it up. Add the whisked eggs, coconut oil, agave nectar, flour, cocoa, baking powder, cinnamon, salt and blend well. I used a hand blender to get the lumps out of the potato and make the batter smoother. Stir in your chocolate chips. Pour into an 8 X 8 pan and bake at 350F for approximately 45 minutes. (Her recipes says 30 - 35 minutes, so just watch). EAT THEM ALL. 

Crystal's Contribution #1 - Granola & Yogurt!

Jessie's Pull Apart Lemon Buns

Crystal's Contribution #2 - MUFFINS

Kendra's Dessert Pizza... YUM!

Michelle's Smore Bars!
I'll get to posting a couple other things I made in a few days! Have a Happy Monday! xo

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

April Foodie Penpal

Weekend Update!

Black Bean Brownies.... At Last!