Happy Belated New Year To My Peeps

Holy Hell! Ok, sorrysorrysorry! Miss me? Hate me? It's ok to do both you know. I've been slacking and have no real explanation for you guys. Christmas was wonderful, thanks for asking. I skied for 3 days of it - 1 day at Louise and 2 days at Kicking Horse. Each day was wonderfully awesome including the day I punched myself in the face while sliding feet first on my belly down a double black. Don't worry - I'm ok! I didn't do the traditional Christmas thing this year - I headed out to Banff with my little sister and her mama. We ate a lot, hot tubbed, went for some good dinners, skied and just generally relaxed. It was a nice change of pace though I did miss my Aunt, Uncle and cousins a shit ton! Then, New Years - rang in at the Rondo Motel in Golden. That place is wicked! $75/night and they have a hot tub they let you drink in! WINNER. Skiing was great, and the company was great! I'd say it was one of the best New Year's Eves I've ever had! YAY to starting the year off right. And to think that my hotel mates and I were almost headed to bed at 12:01am. Pffffttt.... 4am, what!? haha. Work on January 2nd was a tough day, as I imagine it was for many! Big thank you to Jackie for inviting me!!! I had a blast!

So, yes....this is still a food blog. And yes, I still cook food. I made a lot of it this weekend, none of which I'm going to post here because I forgot pictures. But for the sake of bragging, here is what I whipped up: Frittata, Butter Chicken (from scratch...none of that bottled shit), Banana Brownies, Banana Muffins, Meatloaf, Chili...and I think that's it!

Now for recipe time:
Bacon Wrapped Smoky Chicken Thighs from Practical Paleo
4 chicken thighs
8 pieces of bacon
2 teaspoons Smoky Spice Blend, also from the same book (see below)
To make the spice blend, this makes about 5 tablespoons
1 tbsp chipotle powder
1 tbsp smoked paprika
1 tbsp onion powder (I only had garlic powder and it was fine)
1/2 tbsp cinnamon
1 tbsp salt
1/2 tbsp pepper
Shake it all up!

Sprinkle your chicken with 1 tsp of the spice blend. Wrap the bacon (2 pieces per thigh) around the chicken thigh. Sprinkle the top of the bacon wrapped chicken with the spice blend. Bake at 375 for about 40 minutes. EAT! They are really good! I promise.

I served them with green beans and mashed cauliflower that had lots of butter so they tasted like potatoes. Again, I suck because there is no picture. I trust you all have great imaginations!

Also, just in case you're wondering, I've knocked a couple more places off the restaurant list! Want to know where?? Eagle's Eye - it's at the top of Kicking Horse Mountain! Talk about a wicked view! They also serve delicious cold beer and make pretty coffees. Also, finally hit Vin Room for some delicious wine, some lobster nachos, arctic char and house made goat cheese - you should go there too! Just sayin'!

Next time I'll do better and provide pictures and I'll stop slacking! Love you all! Hope you all had a fabulous holiday! WELCOME TO 2013!!!! xo Oh and I'm so sore I can barely move.... I didn't know slacking through December and having shortbread for dinner could wreak such havoc - a sign of age I guess! haha

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

April Foodie Penpal

Weekend Update!

Black Bean Brownies.... At Last!