New Recipe for an Old Standby

Well shit, I've been slacking. You can tell that spring has sprung because I haven't been spending my time holed up indoors and spending my weekends cooking and baking! BUT, that being said - I've committed to this & must roll on! 

So, first things - I signed up for yet another Foodie Penpal! Pretty excited about it again! I sent the package today and will share on May 30th when I get my package. Can't wait! I love getting mail and love getting presents. This is wicked! 

Right now, I have about 6 or 7 pregnant friends. I am not kidding! These are people in my close circle. You want to get knocked up - be friends with me! (Btw - when I say knocked up, I mean pregnant...no offense to anyone...and my friends are happily married or about to be in case it matters). So, last Saturday, I had my lovely and very pregnant friend Keely over for brunch. I had been promising her for months that I would make her and her baby some pumpkin muffins. I did just that... Baked up some muffins and mini loaves for her. Sadly, I can't find the recipe I used but they turned out great! 
Pumpkin Muffins Finished Product

 What I do have, is a new recipe for is Banana Bread! It's a good old standby that most everyone loves! I tried a bit of my finished product and yup - this recipe is a keeper! 

Banana Flaxseed Bread, from here
3 ripe bananas, mashed with a fork
1/3 cup plain yogurt (I used greek)
5 tablespoons butter, melted
2 eggs
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1/2 cup white sugar
1/2 cup brown sugar, packed
1 1/2 cups flour (I used whole wheat)
1/4 cup flax seed
3/4 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
1/2 teaspoon ginger
1/8 teaspoon allspice
1 cup chocolate chips
1 cup walnuts

Mash up your bananas, then add the yogurt, butter and eggs and vanilla. Add the sugar and cream until blended. In a separate bowl, mix together the flour, flax seed, baking soda, salt and spices. Add the dry ingredients to the wet ingredients and stir until well blended. Stir in chocolate chips. Bake at 350F for approximately 1 hour. I made 4 mini loaves and baked them for about 45 minutes.


This is delicious!!! Enjoy. I forgot to take pictures before I gave it all away.


OH and you know what makes me so happy... when 2 friends tell you they found treats that you made them in the freezer months later and they were still good enough to eat! That's just awesome! I love sharing the joy!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

April Foodie Penpal

Weekend Update!

Black Bean Brownies.... At Last!