MUG CAKE

Hola! Don't get overwhelmed - yes... I know, 3rd post of the week! BAM.

I've been tired all week. I don't want to sound like a whiny baby, but I've been really tired all week! I mean, come on... I just came back from a stellar week off. The last thing I should be is tired! Anyway - I am. I ran with Bethan on Sunday - 8km and let me tell you, she just had a baby in June and she is looking HOT. I did Crossfit the last 3 nights. 2 out of 3 workouts were great, and last night's was poop. I'm wondering if maybe I pushed myself too hard this week? The thing is, I don't want to stop, or rest, or be tired. I got on the plane this morning and fell asleep right away and tonight, I got on the plane and didn't even make it to take off...which was a disappointment, it's my favorite part!

So, all of this tiredness got me to wondering... What can I do differently!? Well, I decided that I was going to cut out refined sugar (which it's Day #4 SUCCESS), so I am hoping that helps in the long run with my health and even with the short term stuff! Then, I got to thinking... maybe I need to S.....L......O.....W.... down. I've been pushing myself SO hard. I haven't really given myself any downtime. I need downtime. So, here I am blogging and watching Breaking Bad Season 1. I have intentions of being in bed in approximately 1 hour. It's going to be glorious!

With this no sugar thing, and recovering from my vacation - I had some weird cravings. These cravings have included spinach in large quantities and kale. Today, I couldn't even look at kale after wanting it SO bad on Monday and Tuesday. Tonight, I came home and literally wanted a big plate of spinach with tuna. Yeah, crazy...I know. ha. I did, however make a little sugarless treat which was pure awesome! I am going to share it with you! The picture, once again, doesn't do it justice! In fact, the picture does it some major injustice but I would strongly suggest trying it! It was once again a rip off from my girl crush's sweet a$$ website: PaleOMG.

Sugar Detox Pumpkin Cake, original found here
1 tablespoon pumpkin puree
1.5 tablespoons coconut flour
1 egg + 1 egg white
1 tablespoon coconut oil
2 tablespoons canned coconut milk
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1 teaspoon cinnamon
1/2 teaspoon nutmeg
1/4 teaspoon baking soda
pinch of salt

Put all of your ingredients in a mug or in a small bowl and whip. Then, put it in the microwave for 1:30 - 2:00 minutes.

She made some chocolate whip with it! I modified her chocolate whip for my recipe.
Cocoa Whip Topping
Coconut Cream
Cocoa Power
Put it in a bowl and whip it together. I know it's hard to believe, but holy mother this tasted AMAZING! (sorry, didn't measure). Put this on top of the cake.

EAT & ENJOY. Don't feel bad because it has NO SUGAR! YUM!

It's not dog food, PROMISE

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

April Foodie Penpal

Weekend Update!

Black Bean Brownies.... At Last!